Monday, June 11, 2012

June 11, 2012


June 11, 2012



Oooooh Brandon is full of miracles, love love love it. We had a neat experience with Don at the beginning of this week as he received a blessing. Very strong, powerful experience for all those that were there for that. He hasn't had a drink of coffee since last week and is super excited about it. He has been reading every day...he is in 1 Nephi 20!! :) Roger passed the sacrament on Sunday!! What a moment!!! He was soooo humbled to be able to do so.  It was ward conference this week. The intermediate hymn was Choose The Right...and their youngest; Yensi just sang it loud and proud!!! The only words s he knew were choose the right and so she just repeated it over and over and over again as loud as she could. It was fantastic!! Sister Olsen and I played a piano duet. It was fun to play with her again!! On Thursdays we give service at the soup kitchen. There is a man that goes there from Africa who is one of my favorite people!! Every week he says OOOH THE MISSIONARIES!!! HIIIIII and gets so excited. He is always asking me questions about the church and what we do here in Brandon. This week he told me he was going to come to church! I made him promise....and lo and behold...right as the opening hymn was being sung...in he walked!!! He was so excited! After sacrament meeting he was EXTATIC and came up and said. Sister Smith...I'm getting baptized!!!! This is the church. Did you hear what they said? No other church talks about that. This is the church. When am I getting baptized?!?!?! Hahaha. Remarkable. So the elders got his info and are now teaching my friend! So exciting! :) Miracles happen every day! I love it.

We have a busy week coming up! Lots of good things happening. Couldn’t be better. This is the Lords work. This is the true gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that as we prioritize our lives and do the important things...the things of the Lord first, and everything will always...ALWAYS work out. He always keeps His promises.

I hope you all have a wonderful week. Love you. Be good. Remember who you are. Live it. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment