Friday, December 17, 2010

December 17, 2010

Hello!! It's another great day at the MTC...and my last pday at the MTC!! Goodness time goes by so fast! it feels like I just got here yesterday!! I leave on Wednesday! We have to be at the travel office at 4 AM! INSANE! which means Tuesday is the last day I can receive dear elder letters.  I am going to miss getting a little letter every day!! I am so excited to get to Canada!! I've met a lot of elders from Canada and everytime I tell them where I'm going...they just chuckle and say..well...good luck! Stay warm! ha. Very comforting!! I am just so stinkin excited! :)
Well...first item of business is...I CAME IN 2ND PLACE IN A BUMP TOURNAMENT DURING GYM! I know - you might ask..well were there only 3 people in the competition? but no....there were at LEAST 20!!! Can you believe it!! ha. I was so excited!!  that's right..represent! :)
second...everyone in my district now says..tell me everything! haha. Everytime I say, hey elder...they say..tell me everything Sister Smith. It's so great. Feels right at home! My teacher even says..well bugg-a-rooski now as well.  We are all just so close it's wonderful!!!
3rd....On Sunday we are doing a departing musical number for our branch as a district. We have decided to do Silent Night.  Before we start...one of the sisters will read about the Saviors birth...we'll sing a verse...then someone will read about the atonement..we'll sing a verse..then read about the resurrection..then sing.  It sounds so awesome!! I am the pianist and I am so excited! It should be really great.
4th. I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!! I don't know when my next PDAY will be so I wanted to be sure to tell you all that I love you and I hope you find the joy in the season.  Remember the Savior.  Enjoy being with family and friends.  Take a minute to look around you and be grateful for what you have.  Merry Christmas.  I hope Santa is nice to you :)
5th.  Sister Alicia Smith found me this week! SO GREAT! we just talked and talked.  She ate dinner with my district!! It was so fun to catch up.
 
We had really awesome letters this week!! Here are some of my insights!! Look up 1st Nephi 7:21.  Its right after his brothers had threatened to kill him and talks about how he "frankly forgave" his brothers.  That is so powerful to me.  I can just imagine his brothers threatening his life and then Nephi being like..oh hey...no big deal..don't worry about it..and just going on with his life.  It really made me think about times when I have held on to grudges or have not taken the time to rely on the Lord and forgive someone for something small.  No one has threatened my life like Nephi...but yet...we still hold on to grudges.  I challenge you all to be like Nephi and "frankly forgive." 
The other thought is "Don't be tortured about who you aren't, rejoice in who you are."  God knows each one of us and has made us the way we are for a reason.  He has uniquely created us in His image.  He has given us each talents and gifts.  He has given us abilities to do things.  A lot of times we trouble ourselves with everything that we aren't but it is so important to rejoice in who we are! We are the way we are because God loves us.  He knows us by name.  He wants us to be completely happy!! Allow yourselves to be in the hands of the Lord and miracles will happen! Have faith in Christ and know that you are never alone. What a blessing to know that!!
On Tuesday there is suppose to be one of the 12 coming for devotional (rumor has it).  I'm excited to be here and get to see who it is!! One of the blessings of staying till Wednesday.  The rest of my district leaves on Tuesday morning, but my companion and I leave on Wednesday!!
Well it's been a great week! It's been so great to be at the MTC. gotta love it.  I will say I successfully had cereal for every meal on Tuesday.  ha. Naturally for breakfast...for lunch..all the choices were fish..so I chose cereal....and for dinner...all the choices were fish...soooo I chose cereal. Stellar eh?
I was companion to a sister this week who had to go to the hospital for some physical therapy...while I was sitting in the waiting room I met this man who does business in Winnipeg!! He gave me all the ins and outs!! It was so nice to talk to someone who could give me the scoop and get me excited to go!! Of course he talked about the weather...but he also talked about how great the people are and how nice everyone is and the cool stuff I will be able to see!!
I hope you are all doing well.  I miss you and pray for you every day! Choose to be happy! Do your best, that's all that matters...and don't forget to be yourself...everyone else is already taken! :)
I love you.
Live it. Love it.
PS-congrats Sky and Syd! wish I could be there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment