Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday, December 10, 2008

It's been a full week! Can you believe it?! my my my, how time goes by so fast!!! This week has been amazing!! I have not only learned so much about the gospel but I've learned so much about myself!
We'll start with he basics!!  This week we had a devotional and Elder Zwick came to speak with us!! His message was so inspiring! This whole week we talked a lot about faith in Jesus Christ and leaning on Him in times of need! We also got to go listen to the Christmas Devotional.  Goodness wasn't that so great?! I hope you were all able to go.  This week we were able to teach our first lesson at our teaching appointment.  It was such a great experience.  We had been working on the first lesson all week and I was so excited to get the opportunity to do it.  Our "investigators" were an older couple who moved to Utah to be closer to their son and his family who had joined the church! IT WAS INCREDIBLE!! I was so happy when I came out of there!! There was a point in the lesson where I felt a bit of confusion and frustration with the investigators and the only thing I could think of to do was to bare my testimony.  The spirit flooded the room.  I know that the spirit works through us as missionaries, and each one of you to help the people feel of God's love for them and to know for themsevles that this is true.  It is not true of me to say that I DID IT...because I didn't, the spirit did it!! I was just an instrument.  It was a remarkable experience and a very humbling experience. 
My big thought for the week is that our faith in Jesus Christ is the only faith that will never disappoint us.  We might have faith in the electrical company that every time we turn on a switch...there will be light, but there will be times when the electrical company will let us down. But...NEVER will the Lord let us down.  Our faith in Him will always be constant and will never disappoint us.  What a comforting thought that someone will always be there for us, not matter what is happening or what is going on.  Put all of your faith in Christ.  We are never asked to do this alone.  We have the best companion on our sides with us every step of the way. I LOVE IT!!
Thank you all for the letters and packages this week.  You have no idea the comfort and peace it brings to get a letter every day. Thank you for taking the time to do that!! It means the world to me.
This week a lot of our true colors have been coming out...truuueee collooorrrsssss.  Our district has become very very close and we have had some awesome experiences together.  My calling has been going wonderfully.  I have learned a lot about service and about loving all those that I am serving.  I also learned a big lesson this week about not worrying about what other people think of the things I do when I'm prompted by the spirit.  If I am prompted by the spirit to do something..I must do it even if others think it wasn't the best way to handle the situation.  I will never know why I am prompted to do the things that I am asked to do while in this calling, but I know that If I act in faith, and do what is right, I will be directed in helping those in need. 
Our district has this thing about peeling our bananas with our foreheads.  ha. HILARIOUS! you should try it! haha. don't feel silly if you can't do it the first time, because trust me...it took me a couple times of lookin RIDICULOUS to get it right. haha. but it brought lots of laughs.  I guess that's all that matters. haha. you have a year and a half to figure it out before I get there to show ya up! :)
This past sunday was incredible.  They were all right when they said oh just wait til sunday, you'll be good.  My branch president is amazing and the spirit was so strong in sacrament meeting.  It is just our zone so it's only about 25 people which makes it  very personable but wonderful.  I took the challenge as well, and bore my testimony.  I've gotten lots of practice at that! :)
We had the opportunity to go to the temple this morning as well!! the provo temple is beautiful! I loved it!! It was good to take a step out of life for a few moments and just feel of the Saviors love. 
You would be impresed to know that I played basketball and four square this week at gym time...and I actuallly made some shots!! We played as a district and there is an elder who played in college and who is walking on at BYU when he gets home.  Kind of a big deal!!
I also ran into elizabeth brady's brother every day this week!! It was fun to see him!! And of course...Sister Sturgess and I have a reunion in the cafeteria every day!! So great.
I think that by me working at the Runway...I learned how to get to know people very fast...which I know at times was probably a bother becaues it would take me 10 minutes to check someone out because I would just get talking...but I tell ya what...it has come in handy out here!!! Just another thing I owe to the runway. haha.
There is just so much I want to tell everyone that happens every single day!
I hope you are all doing well.  Love you all and miss you! Stay strong. The church is true!!
Live it. Love it.
Love always,
Sister Jessica Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment