Hello again.
It has been so nice up here lately. This week it rained for a couple days, but it stayed pretty warm. It was SUPER hot yesterday...I guess super hot to me know is pretty nice there in Idaho! Ha. But for me here...it is hot! :) We had a good week.
First news first...I am staying in Winnipeg YSA!! :) :) I get another transfer here which I am SO excited about. Sister Hope is going to be my new companion. Sister Reid will go to the Waverly Ward...just down the road...so we'll still see each other ALL time. So it's a win win situation. I am really excited! It should be great.
We had some great appointments this week. One with a girl named Jaz. Her friend is a member and she asked him straight up if she could just come to church. He said well sure...she came. LOVED it and asked him if she could meet with missionaries. OF COURSE. So we met with her. She had all sorts of questions and when we would ask a question and she didn't know...she would just say...well that's a great question...could you tell me?! We had a great talk about things. The other was with a girl named Sam. Sam’s brother joined the church in Montreal in February. His fiancĂ© recently died and so he came in to town for the funeral where Sam starting asking questions. Last Sunday, he said well let's just go to the church and find some missionaries. So they went to the church house...talked to the elders...the elders gave us her info...we met with her. She is fantastic. She had a lot of question and a big Christian background. The only problem is she is in grade 11. :( So we will still teach her...but she won't be able to come to YSA ward.
3 of our very less actives made it to church yesterday!! We met with the 3 of them and hit church attendance pretty hard...and they all came :) it was SO great. 2 of them hadn't been for at least 6-7 months... (I had never seen them there since I have been here) and the other hasn't come for about 2 months. It was so great.
Kamille texted us this week and said "hello sisters. I’ve been thinking about you all day, and I need our appointments. I need to meet with you again." :) :) :) :) :) SOOOOOOOOO GREAT! We were so happy. So so many blessings!
We had so many turn over’s this week!! Hard work pays off. Always just have to have the faith that what you are doing is important and you will be blessed. I love missionary work.
I love the scripture in 1st Nephi 1 "If God had commanded me to do all things, I could do them. If He should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth, and if He should say it, it would be done." I love this. Nephi had so much faith. so often I think there is no way we can do all that has been commanded of us, or that we can't do hard things, when in fact...God will always provide a way. If He asks us to do it, it can be done. We just have to have the faith to do it.
I learned a lot about faith this transfer. I love it. I learned a lot about making the best out of each situation we are in. our attitude can change everything. Yes there are hard times, yes we can get frustrated...but if you have a good attitude...everything can be for our good and for our experience. I’ve learned to find joy in the journey I’ve learned how important to love ourselves and to serve others. I’ve learned the importance of prayer and of humility. I am so grateful for this past transfer.
Hope you all had a great week!! Happy June!! Time is flying by!!!
Love you all. Be good. Remember who you are. Live it. Love it.
Sister Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment