Can you believe it's already the end of June? Where is the time going?! It’s been crazy! We met with Samantha this week. We set a date with her and are working toward baptism with her in July!! She is excited about learning more about the gospel. She’s got so much potential and so far is willing to do anything. Last transfer we tracted into this little Chinese lady named Annie. She couldn't understand a word we said but her daughter translated for us and she said they weren't interested. We asked them if they were interested in learning English...she said yes so we set it up for the elders to go over there...turns out...they taught her...and she got baptized on Saturday! She was so happy. It was so neat to see her get baptized and to see her so happy. For that baptism Sister Hope accompanied an opera singer...Dustin Hines to sing at the baptism. Of course I was the page turner...you know how important that is :) it was great. He is so talented it was fun to work with him.
As we were finding this week we met a man named Lawrence Witlock. He came right up to us and started talking to us. He said he learned from missionaries years ago in Selkirk. He said at the time I was not ready, things were crazy...but I’m ready now. I’m ready for them to come back. :) The elders went over this weekend and said he is fantastic. He’s on the right path now.
Sister Hope and I are going to be doing a piano duet in church in 2 weeks. I am so excited. We’ve been on the hunt for some good music.
Sister Hope and I are doing great. We’re finding a lot and have seen so many blessings already from our efforts together.
The weather is getting hot! It was 31 degrees c. this week!! and HUMID! super humid. It’ll be a fun summer for sure. :)
Hope you all had a great week. Be good. Remember who you are. Live it. Love it.
Sister Smith
I was just sitting here thinking...
It’s neat to see the Lord work through me as I share the gospel with others. There are times when I don't even know what I’m saying...I just talk. I know that the Lord is filling my mouth and using me for an instrument in His hands. It is such a miracle and I feel so blessed to be here. There are so many things each day that I see and I feel so blessed that I have the gospel in my life or I feel so blessed to have such an amazing family or good friends. There have been so many times when I’ve been able to just think about a question that someone has or about a principle of the gospel.
This church is so true. How could it not be? We are ALL God’s children. He loves us all. No matter what or where or who, there is a plan for us...and the center of the plan in our Savior, Jesus Christ. There IS a prophet on the earth today. God has always been the same and will be...so of course he would call another prophet. I know that Thomas S. Monson is called of God. I know that I have been called by a prophet of God to invite others to come unto Christ....to know for themselves the truthfulness of the gospel. How blessed are we?
I love you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment