Monday, November 7, 2011

November 7, 2011

November 7. 2011



HELLO!!!! Well this is just so great another Monday has come! Can you believe it?

Well to start off...Halloweeennnn...it was a Halloween to remember for sure!! A member had us over for super...she is from Vietnam...and she fed us...and yes...she fed us chicken feet and pig ear!!!!! And yes...I ate it. Sister Roper struggled so the member made me eat hers as well...so I had 2 chicken feet and pig ear. It is true and I am still alive to talk about it. Crazy I know!!!!!! It goes down in the record books for sure. It was a busy week...but super fast. We had quite a few appointments with new potentials this week and we really focused on using members this week. We are working at working with members on a regular basis so we have started this new thing where we teach them like investigators...and invite them to do things that would involve them inviting people to activities or to learn....we are looking forward to see what happens with it. It is pretty exciting.

This week I studied a lot about the Love of God and Christ and how to apply that into our work and into our lives. I love the scriptures...greater love hath no man than this...that he lay down his life for his friends." I love the fact that to Christ, we are His friends. He even laid down His life for those who don't "consider Him their friend." that is true love for all of Gods children. It just makes me realize how powerful love is and the effects it can have on anyone. I know That God loves each of us as His children and He would do anything for us. I know that because He loves us, He has given us so many things, like prophets to lead and guide us, our families to be in forever, our friends, the gospel, the Book of Mormon, and yes, even trials. He gives us trials because He knows we can handle them. He knows what we need in order to grow and to be truly happy and so He trusts us to be able to rely on Him during those times of difficulty. I know His love is infinite and He would do anything for us, he is just waiting for us to ask. His love is real.   His love is powerful and infinite and we can share that love with everyone we meet just by our example, by being kind, but being a child of God.

The church is true. I know it is. Joseph Smith is a true prophet. The Book of Mormon is the word of God and changes lives. The power behind fasting is real. It has worked miracles in so many people’s lives; Arianne bore her testimony yesterday about that. The atonement is real and can take effect in anyone’s life. God loves us. Each of us.  I am so thankful for that knowledge and for the opportunity I’ve had to know about the gospel and to be able to share it with so many people here in Canada.

I love you all. Be good. Remember who you are. Live it. Love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment