WHAT A WEEK! Wow I tell ya. If you've ever wondered if people really survive living in -48 degree weather...the answer is yes...it is true...you can survive…barely...but it can be done. Ha. Monday-Wednesday was super super cold. -48. We had to stay in until it got to -40 then we were out and about and let me tell you...we looked GREAT! Ha. Winter has finally hit...well it did...it is now back to -10. By Wednesday it is supposed to be +3....it’s going to feel like summer. Craziness, but it makes things interesting.
The top story of the week is our Spanish family is back :) :) :) we had a fantastic lesson with them this week! We had a member who served in Mexico to come with us. We had told them we wanted to start from the beginning with them and start over...so we had this return missionary teach the restoration all in Spanish so it was more clear and made sense. IT WAS REMARKABLE!! I have never seen them so intent and listening. The look on their faces was unforgettable. The spirit was so strong! They just kept saying wow...wow...I don’t know all that was said...obviously because I don't speak Spanish. Ha-ha. Buuuttt...that doesn't matter to the spirit. The spirit speaks all languages and anyone could have felt the spirit that night!! At the end...they told the member...how we understand why this is so important to the sisters and why they keep trying. We are so thankful they have tried too hard to help us understand...now we get it. Now we know why it is so important!!! The member asked them when they can remember feeling the spirit so they could recognize the spirit in the lesson. the dad told him that he remembers very distinctly feeling the spirit when he was getting married...and he said I can count on my fingers the number of times I have felt that way...when I was getting married...one other time and when the sisters come to teach us. :) :) :) :) :) oooooh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. Incredible!!! THEN, it gets even better...they came to church on Sunday!!!!!! Sacrament meeting had barely begun and I looked over to the door and there they were standing there. I was like WO SISTER ROPER WE’VE GOTTA GO so we went and sat with them...and of course...a new Spanish member of our ward talked in sacrament meeting...coincidence...I think not :) then we pulled together a Spanish Sunday School class so the wife could understand!!! It was so so so so great and their little boy LOVED primary. They asked him if he had fun..."te gusta?" and he said. "SI SI SI SI SI." they loved it. The ward just flocked to them. I think every member who speaks Spanish came and talked to them. We are just sooo excited for them!!!
So to say the least...in spite the cold and peoples hurry to get inside to get warm...it was a wonderful week as always.
We are going to Regina tomorrow for specialized training! That will be fun...we'll get to see all the missionaries in Saskatchewan.
Anyways...hope you all had a wonderful week. Don’t forget to see the little miracles that happen every day...there will always be a blessing.
Love you all.
Be good. Remember who you are. Live it. Love it
No comments:
Post a Comment