This week was pretty good. We met with Antonio and Lina and they are doing great. they didn't make it to church yesterday but before we had the chance to call them they had called us and left a message saying how much they missed church today and wanted to know what went on and that they will be there next week for sure. When we called them back they were so excited to just see how our day was and see how church was. :) Closer and closer every day. One of the members is throwing Meaghan a birthday party this week. It really has shown me what influence members can have on investigators and helps me set goals for how I want to be involved with investigators at home. Those friendships are so valuable and can change everything. We went to a little tiny time called Ruthilda this week with the Shaws. It is literally...in the middle of nowhere. You just drive and drive a drive and then you see a sign and you drive and drive and drive...and you see their little house. This great little couple...the wife got baptized in 79 and he got baptized in December. They collect salt and pepper shakers!!! They had about 10 cabinets just FULLLLLLLLL of salt and pepper shakers from all over the world. It was crazy. When I look at the picture I took I feel like I’m playing I-spy!! So many different kinds. It was fun. It was good to get to know them and of course lots of fun to be with the Shaws.
I almost got eaten by a dog this week. Highlight of the week! Last week we knocked on this door and all you hear was the deepest darkest bark known to man and then you see the door SHAKE because the dog jumped up on the door and you just see the door rattling. No one answered...but we went back this week...and the lady answered...she was angry...reallllll angry and so was her dog!!!!!! Ha-ha the dog came BOLTING out the door...big old pit bull... (think that is what it’s called) and it started nipping at me!!! The lady came running out NO NO NO NO NO...and chased the dog down the stairs!!! I was terrified. hahahaha. We laughed for a good while after...the day in the life of a missionary.
Well hope you had a wonderful week!!! Love you all. Be good. Remember who you are. Live it. Love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment