HOLA! Como se desay I'M IN BRANDON en Espanol. (Ok so I probably didn't spell that right.... but....
I AM IN BRANDON!! Welcome to Spanish town. Lots and lots of Spanish speakers here. The Spanish is going to have to come very quickly I can tell. On Wednesday Sister Roper and I woke up and drove here to Brandon...dropped off Sister Roper (sad) picked up Sister Lewtas and drove into Winnipeg...home sweet home...and dropped off Sister Lewtas and picked up SISTER KUNZLER (short u sound). We had supper at the mission home and then training meeting then we got to go stay with the YSA Winnipeg sisters for the night!! Fun! Then Thursday morning we woke up...got lost and finally made it to Brandon. haha. What an adventure. It was great. We got to our area and just jumped right into the fun with a couple of appointments this weekend and a handful of investigators at church...it has been a great start.
Sister Kunzler is great. She is 22 years old. She is from Pleasant View, Utah. She is majoring in elementary education at Weber state. She is very sweet. She is a great missionary...just jumped into it and does what she needs to do!! It has been fun to get to know her and work together. It has been a busy couple of days trying to find our way around and meet the ward and our investigators...but she has a fantastic attitude and is just excited to be a missionary. It’s wonderful.
Brandon is great.
It is the home of Brandon University, Assiniboine Community College and Manitoba Emergency Service College. It has 2 senior baseball league teams. Their hockey team is the Brandon Wheat Kings. :) Clever. Its population is about 43,000...which makes it the second largest city in all of Manitoba. :)
The ward is amazing. Each person just came right up and introduced themselves. They are very very involved with missionary work and are excited to be a part of the process. They are so supportive and helpful. It’s a small ward...but powerful. Lots of good things happening. We are excited to see the success and blessings that the Lord has in store for the people here in Brandon.
We are working with a family of 5! They came to church on their own a couple weeks ago and are just on fire. They are progressing wonderfully and the ward has just taken them in. we are also working with a Spanish girl age 8 who has a strong testimony of the restoration. More updates to come...when we know more about them :)
I know that the Lord is very mindful of each of us as I have felt His love and guidance so much this weekend. I know Sister Kunzler and I are here for a reason and that this work is real.
Hope you had a wonderful week! Hope things are well and the weather is nice. It was +7 here yesterday. Feels like summer.
Hope you had a wonderful week! Hope things are well and the weather is nice. It was +7 here yesterday. Feels like summer.
Love you all very very much. Be good. Remember who you are. Live it. Love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment