WELL first of all...I’m a true missionary! Ha-ha. I had fish for dinner!!! We had an appointment at our new investigators home...our cute African family, and they wanted so badly to feed us. So of course we said yes. We had fish and spinach and rice and some African potatoes. It’s real now. Ha.
MARSON IS BAPTIZED!! This week was pretty crazy!! He had a meeting with the elders on Thursday and said he wasn't sure if he should get baptized because he was nervous about things with his family. So the elders prayed with him and right when they said amen, he opened up his scriptures. The elders were just looking at him and he said, oh sometimes I do this. I pray then read. Ha. How great. They read with him and he said he would think about it over night. So Friday he still wasn't sure. On Saturday morning the elders called and asked if I would speak at the baptism that afternoon. They said they weren't sure if Marson was going to get baptized or not. They said if he was going to, he would show up. So I prepared my talk and right before we were heading out to contact, the elders called and said, Sister Smith, we need to talk to you...I said. Ok...and they said, Marson will be getting baptized this afternoon. AHHHHHH! IT WAS THE BEST NEWS EVER!!! So Marson got baptized and I spoke at the baptism and it was just so great! :) Missionary work, I love it!!!
We found a family from Thailand this week!! They barely understood a word we spoke, but we managed to speak about prophets and we found a gospel principle book in Burmese for them!
We were just super busy with teaching appointments this week with our new investigators! It was such a blessing!! I can’t believe March is already here! Time just goes by so fast!!
I read Alma ch. 32 this morning and really thought a lot about faith. A lot of people ask us why God lets bad things happen to us. After reading that chapter I thought about how if life was always good, we would never be able to let our faith grow, we would of course still have faith that God is there and we can live with Him again, but in other ways, our faith would never grow if we never had those learning experiences. It really makes me think about how I view difficulties and where my hopes and my faith are now and where is has been!
I hope you all had a great week!! And I hope this week is even better!! Love you all.
Remember who you are. Live it. Love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment