Monday, February 7, 2011

Another crazy week in Winnipeg, Canada!

Well it's been another crazy week in Winnipeg, Canada! Who woulda thought eh?! It was transfer week and our new companion came! Her name is Sister Reid. She is from Orem Utah and super fun and creative!! She’s just this little ball of energy and love! I’m excited to get to work with her! I miss Sister Broderick like crazy! The farewell fireside was a bittersweet kind of thing!!
This week was the dinner with Eltouma! It was fantastic!! We sat and ate for literally 2 hours straight...no chit chat time mixed in the middle. From the time we started eating to the time we finished eating...it was 2 hours!! Insane!! But so so worth it! It was such good food. Super spicy!! there was this little thing that looked like a chocolate chip cookie so I said oooh Eltouma, you made cookies...and she got this really funny look on her fake and started laughing and said no no no, it's falapho (spelt totally wrong I’m sure)!! So every couple of minutes she asked...how is your cookie?! It was hilarious!! We shared pictures of our families together!! She wants to meet everyone!! She was so tender...she said...will you remember in 2 years?! I said oh yes of course...then she said, what about 10?! I said oh Eltouma. forever!! She’s just my little Sudan mother. Her son calls her sister mousa when we are not there! It’s quite hilarious!
Well our magical baptismal date, Cerise, is nowhere to be found :( :( super sad!! We haven’t been able to contact her at all since we set her date! Terri is still doing great!! She hasn't missed church and she is very consistent with our meetings!! We keep praying that it all works out and she continues to feel the spirit!! We were blessed with a lot of street contacting time this week! We were able to meet a lot of new people and get a lot of potentials!! One of the members came out with us. So she and I went together!! She was fantastic! Just got herself right out there and invited everyone we talked to church and everything! It was great! It was fun to be with her!
We were fed by 2 converts this week. Both of them were from the elders but they are huge examples to me about truly allowing the gospel to influence every aspect of your life!! It was so great to see them and see how they changed everything for the gospel!!
This weekend there was a band that came through town called behind sapphire...the members are all members of the church so they came to church on Sunday before they got back on the road. After sacrament meeting the bishop asked them if they would sing a song for us...so they got out their guitar and sang nearer my God to thee...Kyle Henderson style!! My little heart got so excited!! They introduced it by saying this was their favorite rendition and they sing it all the time while they're on the road. Afterwards I went up to them and introduced myself and told them about Kyle and said thank you!! They got all sorts of excited and were super jealous I knew the person who sang it!!! They said they want to meet him some day! It was just a neat little tie to home!!
there was a neat thing said at church this week" if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." how true is that. We have to stand for truth!! If we aren’t standing for what we believe in and for truth...we will fall for everything other idea that comes our way!! If we put our trust in the Lord, He will lead us to truth and help us stand strong and true in principles of truth!!
I hope you all had a wonderful week!! Happy groundhogs day...spring eh?! Is that what I heard?!?!
Love you all!! Be good. Remember who you are. Live it. Love it!!
Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment