Monday, March 28, 2011

Conference Week!

HAPPY CONFERENCE WEEK!! I am so excited for conference this up coming weekend!!! Everyone is talking about it.  We are hoping to get as many investigators as we can to be there!!  This week was GREAT! We had A LOT of finding time.  It’s the end of the month so we are low on our K's so we did A LOT of walking. You know how I love to walk for sure!! But it gave us so many more opportunities to talk to more people and to bare our testimonies! Such a blessing.  We decided to stop by Nicole’s house since we hadn't been able to get hold of her through the phone.  When we stopped by she was home just hanging out by herself and so she let us in and we were able to teach her a lesson.  And then...WE SET A BAPTISM DATE WITH HER!! We are so excited! We are working super hard with her to get her to church every week and to help her stop smoking. 
Marson baptized his best friend this week as well, which was amazing.  We had two of our African sisters there at the baptism and they loved it.  There brother came with them and is now learning with the elders as well.  Marson and Alex Tait, another recent convert went to the temple trip with the ward! They each were beaming yesterday at church.  I realize what a blessing it is to have the temple so close in Idaho and to be able to go whenever we want.  The people here LOVE the temple and they do all they can to make it possible for them to go on the temple trip weekends.  The blessings of the temple are remarkable. 
We saw a lot of little blessings and miracles as we were out and about this week! I am so thankful for the hand of the Lord in His work.  He is watching over us for sure and helping His work move along. 
I was reading in 3rd Nephi this week and a lot of things popped out to me.  In chapter 22 verse 14 it says "in righteousness shalt thou be establishes; thou shalt be far from oppression for thou shalt not fear, and from terror for it shall not come near thee."  If we are working in righteousness and doing righteous things, yes there will still be hard times in our lives and yes there will still be challenges but we will be FAR from oppression and there is no need to fear.  The Lord sees our efforts in righteousness and will protect us from danger when we put Him first in our lives. I know this is so true.  I have seen it as we have put Him first in our work, we have been kept safe in a lot of different situations and as we put our trust in the Lord, we will continually be blessed and kept safe.
I hope you all had a great week!! Hope the weather is warming up. It was a positive one this week...BEAUTIFUL! We were loving it. Enjoy conference!! I am so excited to hear from our prophet and the apostles and to hear what God would have us hear! What a blessing it is to have a prophet today!! WE ARE SO BLESSED!!
Love you all.
Remember who you are. Live it. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment