SAMANTHA GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!! On Monday night, we talked with Samantha and she said she feels like she is just ready to get baptized. We talked about things that needed to happen and she said ok, I’m ready. We set up her interview for Tuesday night. She passed :) :) :) It was amazing. Then she got all ready to be baptized on Saturday night! She was so excited. She called to talk about what she should wear and what she should bring. She was glowing. The spirit was so strong. There were three people getting baptized that night so it was so special. I have never seen her smile like that before. When she came out of the water she said oh yey!!!! and did a little skip jump thing. It was the cutest thing of my life. The rest of the night she had the biggest smile on her face. There were a lot of ward members there to support her and we all just talked and had refreshments and took pictures. She brought a friend with her and he was happy! He was excited to see her so happy. Someone asked him when he was getting baptized and he said, well I guess that's something I need to start thinking about! It was one of the most amazing nights of my life. It was such a testimony builder to see someone choose to get baptized and make that decision for themselves. The spirit was SO powerful. Heavenly Father is mindful of each one of us. He knows exactly what we need when we need it. He wants all of us, His children, to return to live with Him again. He has prepared a way for that to happen. I am so thankful for my Savior and His sacrifice so that I can live with my family again forever, so that I can enter in through the gate to the straight and narrow!
Sunday morning Samantha was confirmed a member of the church and received the Holy Ghost. Another very powerful meeting. Her friend came to that as well. Sister Hope and I got to play our piano duet. Samantha was very emotional during church and just couldn’t stop smiling. She was so happy. I was talking to her friend afterwards and asked him if he was coming to church next week and he said...well probably. I said really? And he said, well let's just say if I come it’ll all be official...and I said oh Tyler...not if...but when and he said yeah...pretty much. He’s so interested in the church and loved sacrament meeting. He is excited to come back next week.
This church is SO true. There are no words that can describe the feelings that were felt this weekend. It was so special. The Lords hand is in this work. He has prepared the people and is making a way possible for them to enjoy the blessings of the gospel. I love it so much. I always think, oh there is no way I could be happier...then something amazing happens and I’m happier than before. Life is such a blessing. We are given so much from our Heavenly Father. I love this gospel so much. I am so thankful for all of the blessings I have received because of the gospel. It changes lives and continues to change mine.
The church is true.
I hope you had an amazing week. Love you all. Remember who you are. Live it. Love it.
Sister Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment