August 2, 2011
It has been another amazing week in Winnipeg! I love it so much. Last Monday a girl named Kelly came to FHE. I think I’ve written about her before. She came to a fireside with a member a while back but refused to meet with us. Long story short...she said we could invite her to things. She helped with Winnipeg Harvest and has come to FHE. She came on Monday to FHE...and loved it. We played baseball. On Tuesday we were texting her asking her how she liked it...then we just said...Kelly can we meet with you? She said, yes tomorrow at 6:30!!!! YESSSSSSSS! It was amazing. The lesson was amazing. The spirit was SO strong. She is ready. She is pretty nervous about it but she knows this is what she needs. She said she's been looking everywhere for something but hadn’t ever been sure what it was...until now. She said she needs to meet with us 2 times a week. We said we could def. make that happen. Soooo she came to church on Sunday! We met with her before and had a VERY good talk about a lot of things. The spirit again was SO strong. She then told us...I know I said 2 times a week but…I’m going to need to meet with you every other day. :) :) :) :) God works in mysterious ways. It’s amazing. Every day I am just blown away with all of the tender mercies we see. I love it so much.
On Saturday we went up north to go finding...as we were walking to an apartment we saw a girl so we stopped her and talked with her...as we were talking with her...we heard this lady across the street just yelling..Hey...come here...heeeeyyy and she was whistling...we thought she was yelling at her kids so we gave her her privacy and didn't look or talk to her...we stopped to write something down and so I kind of peeked over Sister Hopes shoulder just to see what was really going on…I guess I’m nosey like that... she saw me look and said COME HERE!! I pointed at myself and said us?!? She said yessssss. So we walked over to her and she said, are you Jehovah Witnesses? I said no...and she said. YOU'RE THE MORMONS! Do you have something for me to read?! Ha. We were like well uh...yeah...we have a book called the Book of Mormon...can we come in and tell you about it. She said yes, come in. So we went in, talked about the Book of Mormon and the restoration, we went back again Sunday night and we’ll be seeing her again today! :) God puts us into the paths of those who need us for sure. It was such a testimony to me.
THE CHURCH IS SO TRUE. There is no denying it. It is so amazing.
It’s been way hot here. It finally rained last night...but it's been humid and hot, hot. I’ve got some great little tan lines on my tootsies and from my watch. Gotta love it.
Hope you all had an amazing week!! Don’t' forget to read and pray. All the small things make a BIG difference.
Love you all. Remember who you are. Live it. Love it.
Sister Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment