Sept 12, 2011
Well my first full week in Saskatoon!! It was crazy busy. We taught like mad and found like crazy and had a lot of working hours. The ward here is AMAZING. They are sooo involved in all the investigators lives and are so willing to work with us and have us over and meet with us...and yes...feed us…danger town. But it's so fun. It’s a very small little ward...but they are strong. We had Stake Conference this week and had 4 investigators there :) amazing. Elder Smith from the 70 came to speak. It was really great. One of the speakers talked about how we always look down on the 'primary answers" but really...primary answers are just as important as primary colors...you know how I feel about the color so I liked that a lot...he said you take away red yellow and blue…and you can't have anything...it's just like the primary answers...you have to have them…they are EVERYTHING. I liked it a lot. And he also said something to the effect of don't doubt in the dark what you knew in the light. God doesn't work in darkness. Don’t let yourself doubt what you already know.
We are working with some really solid investigators. One had a baptism date last month and the night before things fell through...so we are working really really hard with her. The other has been learning for a little bit and we have talked a lot about baptism with. The other is a miracle of the week. The elders found her contacting. She is from china. She came to stake conference and I asked her about her religious background and she didn't have any so is aid well you're in the right place and she said this is fate. I know I am. Then after the conference she said I’m going to need to learn from you. I need "beginner courses" I said well that's why we are here. She is really really excited about it. I’m excited to see how it pans out.
The ward members have been so welcoming. I am excited to get to know them better.
We had a fun tracting experience this week...the 1st 2 houses were no. the next house…the door was open and the man jumped and said wow...spooky...this is really prophetic that you are here. I’ve been looking for people like you to send to my friend. His friend has been through a really hard time lately. We’re excited about that one. then the next 2 doors were no. then the next...a man answered and just starred at us while we talked...then when we paused he opened the door and said. Alright, come in. We said well is there a woman here and he said well no...so he said come back Monday night. I’ll be waiting. Saskatoon is busting with people who are being prepared. It’s so fun to work and teach. I’m exhausted...but that means I’m doing what I’m supposed to be doing.
We had a peak in the weather this week. Hot hot hot. Up in the mid 30's but this week is supposed to be high teens all week. That will be a blessing. ahha.
Tonight for FHE we are playing flour dodge ball!! Should be fun.
Hope you all had a great week. Love you all. Be good. Remember who you are. Live it. Love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment