Monday, September 26, 2011

Sept 26, 2011

What a rollercoaster week. Wowzy!

Well, we met with our precious little Chinese investigator on Tuesday. Things were great we taught the Word of Wisdom and she loved it. She had a question about the tea and coffee but then said well ya know...I never feel good after I drink it anyways...so maybe that's why! :) It was fantastic. Then...we were supposed to meet with her on Thursday. We got a text from her Thursday afternoon and said, hi sister, can we meet tomorrow? We asked her if everything was ok because that was not like her at all....she said that she talked with her parents...and they found out she wanted to get baptized...and they made her choose between them or God. :( She said she was very emotional...and asked us to pray that they would understand...soooooo we weren't quite sure what to think...if that meant she chose God or her family...we were a bit anxious. We set up a time to meet with her the next morning before our zone meeting. We met with her and she said...ok...I have good news and bad news...I talked with my parents all night long...we finally agreed that I could still learn but I need to take my time to be baptized!! So we read a lot from the scriptures finding scriptures that apply and talk about trusting in God. Then we talked about fasting and we all decided to fast together for her parents that their hearts would be softened so she can still get baptized. That's where we left it until Sunday. We talked with her Saturday when we began our fast and she said she was excited that she was fasting for the first time and she had been praying very hard...Sunday morning...she walks into church and gives us a hug and says I have news...I talked to my parents this morning..It’s weird...my fast is not even over yet...but they said I could get baptized!!! She said I don't know if it’s the fasting or the prayers...but it works. I can get baptized!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) OH MY GOODNESS. It was amazing. She just kept saying wow fasting...I’m not even done and my prayers are answered!!! It was amazing. The spirit was sooooo strong. Fasting is so powerful. The power of prayer is real!  The gospel is so true. How could it not be?! She is so happy about it. It was amazing.

On Saturday we met a girl and talked to her about church she said she wants to come so we set up an appointment with her and she was going to come to church...about an hour later we were at the church for the R.S. Broadcast and we looked out the door and she was walking by so we went out and talked to her and invited her in...she came in for supper and the broadcast. She loved it. She was so excited about it. Miracles are happening all over the place. This was a power house week. Words can’t describe the feelings we have had this week and the power of the spirit that comes with fasting and with prayer. It is amazing. God hears and answers prayers. I know it with every fiber of my being.

I am so excited for conference this weekend. I was reading in Mosiah chapter 2 and it hit me how it is just like our conference. King Benjamin addressing the people...a few verses that really struck my...that you can look up and find how they are just like things today...are....

vs. 5-6...think about who we watch conference with and how we watch it.

vs. 7 think about how it is broadcasted all over the world.

vs. 8 think about the ensign.

vs 9 think about the blessings that come from listening/watching conference and the point of it all.

I know that Thomas s Monson is a prophet of God. I know he is a mouthpiece for God and that through President Monson we can hear the things that the Lord wants each of us to know personally. What a blessing. We get to know what God wants us to know so we can be prepared...so we can strengthen our lives. I'm so excited.

Hope you all have a great week. Love you all. Be good. Remember who you are. Live it. Love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment