Monday, January 31, 2011

It has been a week I tell ya.

Well. It has been a week I tell ya. It was Sister Broderick’s last week!! She goes home on Thursday! It is so crazy that she is leaving!! So crazy that I’m already at my first transfer! We got our transfer calls...I will...BE STAYING AT YSA! I am so excited!! Makes me so happy. I love this ward so much it is crazy!! Sister Crosier and I will be here and then Sister Reid is coming!!! I have heard great things about her. I talked to her on the phone a couple weeks ago...I asked her if she was related to the Reids in Washington and she said no...how neat would that have been eh?! So great.
We set a baptismal date with Terri!!! She is scheduled to be baptized at the end of the month!! We are all so excited! She is very consistent with meeting with us and hasn't missed church once since we met her!! We are working hard on getting her to that date! :)
This week at bingo...I had to help someone with their dentures. Never in my life did I ever think that would happen! haha. They had dropped them on the floor and then just looked at me...so I bent down and did my best to pick them up!! It was pretty funny if ya ask me! Classy! :)
I read a lot from the ensign this week! the talk that stuck out to me the most was by Elder Wirthlin called One Step After Another...it talks a lot about how we just need to be the best we can be today, we don't need to be perfect, we don’t need to be better than anyone else...just be the best we can be!! I love that thought. So many times in our lives we wish we were like someone else or we get down ourselves. But God created each of us individually for a reason. He made each of us unique and special. We all have so much to offer!! I love it.
I'm excited for a new transfer and to continue working in the YSA Ward!!! They are the best!!
I hope you are all doing well. Staying warm. Being good! :)
Remember who you are. Live it and love it.
The church is true! :)
Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment