Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Years!

HAPPY NEW YEARS!! I hope you all had a wonderful new year!! Mine was great. We had to be in by five so we had a zone activity at the church...just played some basketball and a game called rat smear...I call it flat rat because I can never remember the name...It’s basically dodge ball...everyone against everyone... pretty intense i tell ya. My sporty side is definitely getting practice out here :) as companions we had pizza and we made muddy buddies (thanks mom) and had sparkling cider....then we were in bed by 10:30. It was pretty classy! We had a lot of fun!! We also got to sleep in on New Year’s Day...which was such a blessing! :) I hope you all had a fun time too!! This is going to be a great year!! I’m sure so much is going to happen and it is so exciting!! It is so fun to think that for a full year I will have one purpose...to bring others to Christ. I know what I will be doing for this whole year...I can't say that's ever happened before. I kind of like it :)
Things here are going well!! It’s been a busy couple of days. We had the coldest day yet...-35 degrees Celsius...which is about -31 degrees F. and that was the day that we walked around all day because we were out of our Kilometer allotment I have never worn so many clothes in my life. I had on thermals, tights, 2 pairs of tights, another pair of thermals, sweat pants and my skirt!! I looked like I had reached my goal!! I took a picture so you can see it soon!! That day was one of our most successful days however!! We met a lot of people that day and got a lot of potential investigators!! As we were street contacting we ran into a man right outside his apartment. He asked us to walk with him. Since the sidewalks are pretty skinny it was me and him in front hen my companions behind...I was able to talk with him and bare testimony so many times. He had so many good questions about how I had received revelation for myself and about prayer and how I kept going through hard times. It felt like I was talking with a friend. We stood at the bus stop with him for another 10 minutes and just talked. He wanted to learn more so we left him with a pamphlet and got his info. We gave it to the elders and they got in contact with him and have met with him. He is very interested and is not investigating the church!! It was the neatest thing!! It got me all sorts of excited about it!! You can feel his sincere desire to learn!!
ABOUT CANADA: Canada has a great bus system! Everyone rides the bus here!! It’s so nice!! They also celebrate their holidays for more than one day. For example...Christmas...they had about 5 days off...then for new years...they had New Years Eve, new years, Sunday and Monday off!! That’s the way to do it I tell ya!!
SPIRITUAL THOUGHT: Alma 55:18-24. First read it...then think about what our purpose is as members of the church. We should want to bring others to our "army" and have them be a great strength to us in building up the kingdom of the Lord.
Also...in relief society...we listened to a talk by Sheri Dew and she said “there are certain things you just wouldn't do if you really knew who you are."
Think about who you really are. Mom says it all the time...remember who you are. Take it a little deeper and think about how God is your Heavenly Father who loves you and wants you to be the very best you can be.
I know this church is true. I know that there is a plan of happiness for us to return to live with our families for all eternity. I know that if we put our faith and trust in the Savior, we will be able to feel the love our Heavenly Father has for us and we will want to live the commandments and to be able to return to live with him again.

I love you all!! Hope you have a wonderful week! Be good. Remember who you are. Live it. Love it!
Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment