WELL HELLO FROM CANADA!
Goodness it feels like I just wrote yesterday!! Time is going by so fast!! Things here are going great!! It’s been a very good week and we have had some very neat things happen this week!!
To start off...it warmed up this week. It was very nice weather...only -15 or -20 all week. It was a nice break for sure! :) Crazy eh?!
I can't remember if I ever talked about Marsin!! We found Marsin street contacting one day and turned him over to the elders....well...he was at church on Sunday!! Ooooh I was so happy. It was so neat to see him there. We talked for a bit and he said things were going well. The elders say he has so many good questions and is so eager to learn more and more!!
I also don't know if I have talked about Terri! Terri was a referral from our mission president. A member in another town had given him her info so he sent us sisters over on Christmas Eve to give her a plate of goodies and such. She lost her husband and her daughter within about 2 years of each other and she is deaf. We went back the next week and she let us in and we taught her the first lesson. she said the first time we stopped by she had been missing her family and been really lonely and wishing she had sisters close by...little did she know she was going to get THREE sisters!! :) She came to a baptism with us this past Saturday and has committed to learning more!! On Sunday, we went on splits and the other two sisters got permission to take her to her ward (she is in her 30's) so they took her to church on Sunday...which is a miracle all in itself. There are 3 sign interpreters in that ward and another deaf individual in that ward!! It was PERFECT! She felt so welcomed and was able to understand everything that was taught and said because of the interrupters. (I don't think I am spelling that right). We are meeting again with her tomorrow to continue teaching her! It’s amazing what the Lord will do to help those who are searching for answers!!
Teaching English went great this week!! The lady we teach is so amazing. The family is from Sudan! She really looks up to Helen Keller because of her courage and her strong will do keep learning!! I told her that I feel like she is the same way. She has such a desire to learn English even though it is so hard and to give her family the best life possible!! She is so humble and works so hard!! She invited us over for dinner at the end of the month! She always teaches us one Arabic word a day! The latest was shoo-ka-ran...pretty sure that's not spelled right either...but it means thank you in Arabic!! :)
Elder Terrance smith from the 70 is over our little area and he came and talked to us missionaries on Saturday!! It was a question answer type of meeting and it was very neat to learn from him!! He is a very intelligent man and full of love!
I studied hope this week!! I read how hope is the anchor of the soul and thought a lot about the symbolism!! An anchor keeps the boat where it is suppose to be so it doesn't wander in the sea at the wrong time. It keeps it safe!! Just like how hope is the anchor of our souls...if our souls have hope...we are anchored in the right spot...if we focus on hope our hearts won't wonder into discouragement or despair. Keep the anchor of hope and you'll be happy!! I really liked that a lot!!
Well another week is starting! I’m excited to see what happens I’m sure it's going to be fantastic! Like always!!
Love you all!! Hope you are all well and happy!! Be good. Make good choices. Remember who you are.
Live it. Love it.
Sister Smith!
No comments:
Post a Comment