Hello!! It has been a huge week!!! I went on exchanges for the first time this week which was SO much fun! I went with Sister Hope. She is from Burley, Idaho...I told her how much I love that Wendys and she agrees!! It’s a good one for sure!! We had some crazy experiences that day with people. There was an old man who got pretty upset with us....I guess not everyone is going to want to hug me every time eh?! Aha. It was great to be with her and to learn from her!! She’s a great missionary!!
Marsin...is...GETING BAPTIZED!! The elders called me this week to let me know! I just wanted to jump up and down and scream for joy!! I am so excited for him!!
Something else big happened this week too...
One of the girls from our ward brought one of her friends to institute. Her friend said she was interested in learning more so we set up an appointment with her for the next day. We met with her and when we got there and sat down she said I want that light that you all have...what do I have to do to get that light and be a member of your church. AHHHHH! :) So we taught her about repentance and baptism and invited her to be baptized and she committed herself to be baptized!! She has a date for the 11th of February!! The feeling was INCREDIBLE!!! I have never felt like this before. This is what a mission is all about!! Of course I was crying...naturally...but it was so amazing!! I am so excited to continue working with her!!
In institute this week we talked about standing in holy places....and how not everyone is going to fit in the temples...so what do we do?!?!? ....we live our lives in a way that everywhere we go and everywhere we stand...we are standing in a holy place...we make that place a holy place!! I LOVED THAT THOUGHT! It’s all up to us!!
It got down to -39 again this week. My tootsies were so cold...it reminded me of running through the snow bare foot with the grandkids over thanksgiving!! Gave me a little chuckle!!
In bingo this week the little lady I sit with is very very quiet normally...normally I just talk to her and have a conversation with myself...but this week she just piped right up and we were giggling all over the place. It was so great. It reminded me a lot of Grandpa Hansen! It’s one of my favorite days of the week to get to play bingo with the seniors! They are hilarious!
We had to cut down our hours teaching English! :( makes me so sad. When we told her...she cried...she is such a great lady!! She’s having all of us sisters over on the 31st for dinner!! She is always talking about how she wants an "American accident" (accent) like us. It is so great.
The air is cold. But the work is good. Transfer calls are this week!! First transfer is already over!! Time goes by so fast!! Make every moment count!! :)
Ether 2:24-25
Love you all!!! Be good. Remember who you are. Live it. Love it!!
Love Sister Smith!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment