Monday, January 17, 2011

Well it's another week in Canada!!!

Well it's another week in Canada!!! We got so much snow this week...so I guess that means it warmed up...I’d say we got a couple feet at least. It snowed every day...all day...all night. The snow here is SO pretty it's very light and flakey. When it lands you can actually see the snow flake and it just glitters!! I love it!! It’s not wet so you can't make very good snow balls or anything...but it is just lovely! :)
First of all...my companion wore an Oklahoma Sooner shirt a little bit ago......I didn't even know what to say!!! I was devastated!!!
It was a very successful week!! We had a lot of lessons this week and a lot of service hours so it felt very productive and very successful which I just loved!! We do a lot of work with the less actives and with the recent converts in the young single adult wards so it's fun to be with the people around our own age and get to know them.
I wrote last week about our investigator Terri!! She came to church again this week and seems to be doing very well!! It is so exciting to see her learn so much and grow!!
Also...I wrote about Marsin who we met on the street...he was at church again on Sunday as well!! That made me SO happy to see him again!! The elders say he is progressing along very fast and has so many good questions and just wants to learn everything he can!! It is so exciting to see how the gospel can affect people’s lives.
I thought a lot about that this week about how people live without the knowledge we have. We talk to people about faith and how it helps us with everyday life. When I learn that they don't have faith...it makes me think about what gets them through and what they live for! I am SO grateful for the knowledge I have and for the plan that Heavenly Father has for us to return to live with him again.
One really neat thing that I love about Winnipeg is the various different cultures that are here. Everywhere you go there is a different kind of restaurant...Chinese, Arabic, Pilipino, Japanese, German...and every time we talk to anyone on the street they are always from somewhere different. It is so neat to see the similarities and the differences that we all have.
This work changes lives for sure!! When people feel of the Saviors love for them, they can't help but what to learn more!! I love who fast it can affect people and I love feeling the Lords love for them!! I know this church is true and I know that Heavenly Father is mindful of each one of us!!!
I was reading in 3rd Nephi this week and found the scriptures chain..."one by one" it starts in 3rd Nephi 11:15 how the Savior went forth...to each person..one by one so they could witness that He is the Christ and feel of the prints in His hands. The Lord loves us so much that this is a very individual work. He knows each of us as an individual and is very aware of us and wants us each to have the chance to learn of Him. That is why we are baptized one by one, why we receive blessings...one by one. The chain then goes to 3rd Nephi 18:36, 17:21 and 28:1. Check it out...it is pretty neat. I know that is so true and that the Savior does love each ONE of us and knows us and wants the best for each ONE of us!! It is up to us to have that faith in Him and take the action to become closer to Him!! He will never leave us!
I hope you all have a fantastic week!! Thanks for all the love and support and letters!! It is so good to hear from you all!
Love you all!
Be good. Remember who you are. Live it. Love it! J
Love Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment